For customers wanting to deploy standard processes quickly, with minimal customization.
In addition to implementation services and best practice training, we also offer Innovation and New Product Development consulting covering the key drivers of innovation performance.
Knowing how to tailor best-practices to fit your own business is crucial for success. Our international consulting team has that experience, working with clients for over 20 years to design and systemize their innovation and new product development capabilities.
Innovation Capability Assessment
The top quartile corporate innovators achieve their success by getting seven critical factors right. Our unique Innovation Capability Assessment service benchmarks your current innovation capabilities, and then determines the most important actions needed to achieve your innovation transformation.
- Online survey tool, based on industry best practice.
- Benchmark strategy, organization, process & culture.
- Evaluate decision rights, metrics and IT systems.
- Diagnose biggest opportunities for change.
- Define a capability improvement roadmap.
Ask executives what their company's innovation strategy is, and you are likely to get: 1) a list of major development projects, 2) a financial forecast new product revenues or 3) some high-level goals about the importance of innovation and a training plan to teach employees to be more creative. These may all be useful, but they do not provide a game plan to win with innovation year over year. This service helps you define the key elements of your innovation strategy.
- Identify innovation objectives & definitions.
- Set targets for key performance metrics.
- Select strategic arenas & funding buckets.
- Define product & technology roadmaps.
- Build executive buy-in to strategy.
Front End of Innovation Process
Most organizations have no problem generating incremental ideas - to improve their existing products and maintain market share. But finding bold ideas that could lead to significant business growth is much harder. This service helps you implement a high quality 'front end of innovation' process to discover bigger, bolder ideas.
- Define idea management process.
- Use of external expert networks.
- Incorporate technology scouting.
- Leverage open idea competitions.
Portfolio Management Process
With a high quality front end of innovation process, businesses will have more candidate innovation projects than they have money and people to execute. So how should managers pick the right portfolio of projects to enact their innovation strategy? This service defines your portfolio resource allocation processes to optimize your return on innovation investment.
- Allocate funding across strategic funding buckets.
- Define project portfolios.
- Determine project prioritization methods.
- Implement portfolio management process.
- Tracking and key performance indicators.
Product Development Process
Having a good idea is necessary, but not sufficient to launch a successful new product. In fact, over half of new products launched fail to meet their revenue and profitability targets. Top innovators improve their chances of success by using a high quality development process to 'de-risk' projects through the development lifecycle. This service helps you define your product development process using the latest practices and techniques.
- Identify types of innovation project.
- Define stage & gate processes for new products.
- Define stage & gate processes for new technologies.
- Incorporate open innovation co-development.
- Leverage latest agile and lean techniques.