The Innovation Challenge
Two things are clear about innovation: the pace of technology change is accelerating, yet consistent success is rare. Some startups create tremendous value with new business models, yet 90% of startups fail. Some established corporations launch transformative new products, yet the fortune 1000 wastes $100 billion annually on bad ideas, and 50% of their new products fail to achieve their targets.
So what differentiates the winners from the losers (other than inspired genius or luck)? It turns out that top innovators consistently follow a set of practices that differentiate them from the pack. And these practices have been researched, documented & validated by leading academics in the field.
Our mission is to help clients become the innovation leaders, not the followers. We achieve this by helping clients adopt best innovation management processes, automated with our market-leading software, to deliver results quickly, sustainably and cost effectively.
- Business Unit Leaders concerned they are being out-innovated by the competition, or that a disruptive new entrant will destroy their existing business.
- VPs of R&D needing to delivering impactful innovation, yet struggling to identify game-changing projects or deliver projects with available resources.
- Chief Marketing Officers knowing where markets are heading, yet frustrated in their attempts to launch the right products, at the right time.
- Chief Technology Officers aware of game changing new technologies, yet unable to get business traction to fund research needed to develop new solutions.
- Heads of Engineering knowing that 'business as usual' is not an option, and must embrace new manufacturing and supply chain technologies to remain competitive.
Our Value for You
There are many intangible benefits from deploying our high-quality innovation processes. Better communication and coordination between business functions and management layers. Increased enthusiasm and participation in your innovation pipeline. And a self-reinforcing winning mentality of delivering successful, impactful new products. For some organizations, these intangible benefits alone are sufficient to justify the deployment of our solution.
Other Executive Teams may require a more tangible justification for deploying our innovation platform. What are the key objectives? What is the business case? What is your current innovation performance compared to others? what's the plan for benefits realization? We can help you answer these questions to provide a compelling case for change.
Let's be specific. Here are a few of the key metrics of innovation performance that our solution modules will positively impact.
- Increase the return on R&D investment, by planning for & selecting the right projects.
- Reduce innovation risk, by selecting a balanced portfolio of project types and launch timings.
- Increase R&D funding, with compelling alignment of innovation projects to achieve business goals.
- Increase the number of bold ideas generated by your employees.
- Increase the number of ideas gathered from external sources - customers, suppliers, ‘the crowd’ etc.
- Minimize the time it takes to submit, nurture and select ideas for further development.
- Increase the number of new product launches that meet their revenue, profit & market share targets.
- Increase the number of research projects that achieve targeted claims and technology readiness.
- Reduce new product time-to-market.
- Increase product value, by prioritizing requirements vs. specifications.
- Improve gate decisions, with clearer financial forecasts and assumptions.
- Increase product success rates, by tracking post-launch metrics against plan.
The Innovation Framework Difference
What makes or breaks an innovation transformation initiative? In our experience it comes down to three things:
Innovation processes that work. If you don't what the right innovation processes & techniques are, then you cannot aspire to be the best.
Software that helps not hinders. Software automation has to make your processes faster and easier, and expand your capabilities,not limit them.
Tailored your way. Every organizations should adapt innovation processes to fit their business model, not the other way round!
Clients choose to work with Innovation Framework because we offer a solution that addresses these three critical factors of success.
1. Certified innovation best practices
We offer our clients all of the innovation best-practice content from Dr. Cooper & Dr. Edgett of the Product Development Institute. We were the first company in the world to be certified in these practices in 2007, and 100% recertified ever since, and we continue to acquire best practices from other experts and integrate them into our solution. This give you an immediate head start, and confidence to know you are heading in the best direction.
2. Market-leading software platforms
Our solutions are based on the two leading software platforms for innovation: Planisware for New Product Development and Qmarkets for ideation and collective intelligence. These products offer the comprehensive features, configurability and ease of use to automate your innovation processes successfully,a and help you increase your innovation capabilities.
3. Highly configurable solutions
Our consultants are experts in helping you design innovation processes, and our software is the most easily configured systems available. Competitors software is far more rigid and inflexible.